Guys, hey, guys. Do you remember that time that Coulson called Natasha and she ended up forming the Avengers? Remember how she did that by digging up Bruce Banner and introducing Steve to him then was the voice of reason when Tony and Steve were bickering and then how she brought Clint back from being mind controlled so that they can be a team? Remember that? Remember how the Black Widow out smarted a god? Remember that time she kept her shit together when the Hulk attacked her, even though she was really scared? Remember when she knocked an alien off his flying scooter and figured out how to drive it despite it being extrateresstrial tech, then got her ass up to the top of Stark Tower, found Loki’s staff and saved the world from being invaded by turning off the machine?
Remember how she was the central character of the whole freaking movie?
Anyone else remember that? I sure do.
#and remember how they didn’t sexualize her #remember how she was independent and didn’t need a male crutch #remember how when loki implied that she needed a man she completely tore him down #remember how natasha romanov doesn’t take shit from nobody #especially not a man
30 Days of Thanks
Everyone’s doing 30 Days of Thanks on Facebook and I find it annoying. We all know you love your kids and your dog and your grandma and your awesome friends and whatever; here’s some things that I personally am thankful for as a fangirl. Because lezzbehonest, these are the things you’re ACTUALLY thankful for.
1. Whedon and Moffat. Even though they crush your soul and make you wait, they also produce wonderful things that make you happy and bring you joy.
2. Hilarious people like Rebel Wilson existing. Whenever she pops up in a flick, it’s always great.
3. Meeting a random person who loves the same thing you do and you have that awesome moment of “OMG, YOU TOO?!?!”
4. Tumblr, because THANK GOD there are people who understand your feels.
5. The ‘Geek’ section on Pinterest.
8. People who have the time and ability to make awesome things above your level of creativity that make you so happy. Like the re-cut of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince into a teen comedy trailer? Brilliant and hilariously entertaining. Whoever did that, I love you.
9. BBC America, DVR, and Netflix.
10. Josh Hutcherson getting older (since I’m perpetually stuck in my early twenties…don’t judge me) and Jensen Ackles getting hotter with age.
11. Cast Reunions and Show Anniversaries. Firefly, FTW!
12. The wonderfulness of Chris Hardwick, Nathan Fillion, Kevin Smith, Misha Collins, and Zachary Levi.
13. www.thinkgeek.com TAKE MY MONEY!!
14. Videos from ComiCon online so you can watch panels since you couldn’t be there.
15. Used Bookstores.
16. AMC - not only for The Walking Dead and The Talking Dead, but for Mad Men and Comic Book Men too.
17. Cartoon Network - not only for Adult Swim but for Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball, and Regular Show. And the Disney Channel only for Phineas and Ferb. I can actually watch these cartoons with my children without wanting to kill myself.
18. Gaming consoles, including your original Nintendo that will only play Super Mario Bros 3 if you get the cartridge slammed down just right on top of another cartridge and wedge that folded seven times piece of paper in the right corner.
19. Witty writers that put subtle (and not so subtle) nods to pop and geek culture in television shows and movies that make you laugh out loud for real, even if you are the only one in the room that gets it. [see Psych on USA (and Netflix)]
20. Show Marathons and specials. The Timey-Wimey of Doctor Who and those specials were so ridiculously amazing. And any excuse I have to watch my favorite shows for 24 hours, I’ll take.
21. The Doctor Who Christmas Special is coming! Will he avoid London? Weeeell, he should.
22. The internet.
23. Passing on your geekitude to your friends and/or children.
24. Having at least ONE friend, even if it’s over Facebook, that you can squee with over something.
25. When your fandoms mix together to form something even more awesome and hilarious (i.e. Mean Girls mixed with ANYTHING).
26. The Hobbit movie coming out in December.
27. The end of Twilight (I like it, but it’s been a long time coming. It seems like it’s been 10 years since I read the books and the movie came out).
28. Graphic novels like Bryan Lee O’Malley’s Scott Pilgrim series. I really want to read The Walking Dead too. And you can be thankful for fanfiction if that’s your thing.
29. Your book series’ that line your bookshelves, your dresser, and your nightstand; and your to-read list that just keeps growing.
30. The Rise of the Nerds. No longer the social pariah (because I didn’t fit into any one circle), although I am still very awkward sometimes. It’s kind of cool to be geeky now…which could only mean it’s the Geeks that have come into power MUWAHAHAHA!
So that’s what I’m thankful for this holiday season.
But I still mourn Wash harder.
I’m sorry, Book!!
Firefly reunion, Browncoats Unite special on the Science Channel tonight at 10EST/9CST. Marathon is still on now, so tune in! Even though Adam Baldwin and I had a short-lived heated spat over a political figure on twitter, I think I can get over it to watch my possible favorite show of all time with some of my favorite characters (RIP, Wash).
And Nathan Fillion. Anything for our Geek leader.